Django is an extremely popular and fully featured server-side web framework, written in Python. If you are interested in learning Django, this workshop delivered by Kamal Mustafa, CTO of LaLoka Labs, will provide you with a good kickstart.
What will you learn in this course? 👉
During the online session, you will learn how to build a simple survey form using Django. You will go through the process of requiring a valid email address for the authentication process – making sure the survey participants do not use any random or fake email – using the GetOTP API.
This course is designed as a quickstart, with a project structure already created and a number of useful apps for development also added.
By the end of this course you should know about:-
- The basic structure for the Django project
- How to define models and relationship
- How to use the webshell and Django admin site for modeling your application data entity
- How to use the form to collect and validate user input
- How to use views to process incoming HTTP request and return responses with Django templates
- Integrate your views with third party API – GetOTP for verifying email address and phone number
- Effective debugging and troubleshooting using interactive web debugger
- basic web development knowledge, preferably in Python
- basic HTTP API knowledge
- the course will be conducted through replit.com.
- Participants should create a free account on Replit prior to the course time
- signup at https://otp.dev/ for a free trial – we will use its OTP API to validate email address and phone number
🚀 About the speaker 🚀
Kamal Mustafa is the CTO of LaLoka Labs. Web development enthusiast since early 2000. Kamal has been a full-stack developer starting with classic ASP and then PHP. Now focusing on Python and Django. Love sharing technical knowledge and insight through blogs and community outreach.
LaLoka Labs is a company building software to save people time, money, and make them happier human beings. Using technology to come up with solutions that give people more autonomy. To help people be more productive, get things done, and go enjoy their lives. Check Laloka Labs website for more: https://lalokalabs.co/
Product website: https://otp.dev/en/